In a nutshell, this edition provides:
1. Global Retail News highlights latest news and strategic initiatives including Kroger-Walgreens collaboration, Carrefour Lowest Price Guarantee on Organics, large retailers joining the IBM Food trust, JD.com US market entry, Auchan building city farms, online shopping advertising by Raley’s, Walmart’s acquisition of online lingerie specialist, Amazon 4-star new store, Sears bankruptcy filing, a Nielsen report on sustainability, Wellness communication and a look inside the US natural retailer of the year.
2. New Product Trends put the spotlight on breakfast trends & products, Natural Food Expo East award-winning products, and finally a few CPG products and packaging innovations
3. A Guest Topic from global sourcing expert Vipon Kumar on NextGen Sourcing.
4. The latest market KPI: economic indicators, commodity prices and major currencies.
5. Monthly theme: Ahold Delhaize thriving from the middle: After providing a short overview of its history and strategic framework, we will outline its latest initiatives in e-commerce, use of in-store technology and reinvention of its store network and product mix.