In a nutshell, this edition provides:
1. Global Retail News highlighting latest news and strategic activities including online grocery market shifts, latest consumer shopping shifts, the potential of unmanned stores, a new drug store format in Paris, Tesco to open its own discounter format, more Amazon Prime rewards in Whole Foods, Kroger brands to sell in China, Morrisons; quieter shopping hours and Waitrose assortment curation.
2. New Product Trends puts a spotlight on global cuisine including specific product examples, a follow up on IFT 2018 and latest innovative CPG products from Starbucks, Kraft and Unilever going to shelf
3. A guest topic from Carl Jorgensen explaining what is next for Organic
4. The latest market KPI: economic indicators, commodity prices and major currencies.
5. Monthly theme: Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) battling new challengers: Walgreens Boots Alliance is in the process of addressing changing consumer behavior as well as M&A activities from old and new foes (CVS, Amazon, Walmart).